August 5, 2011

PIGGY BANK WEDDING: 1st month of planning and EMOTIONS!

Over the past month, I have experienced the ups and downs of wedding planning. I know I haven't handled my emotions as well as I should have, but I'm keeping it together...I'm still sane!

My emotions (+ and -) list for the 1st month of wedding planning:
+The initial excitement after the proposal and the blingin' ring!
-The moment you freak out because you realize HOW MUCH work/planning you're about to have to do.
+The feeling you get when your friends "Ooh" and "Ahh" over your ring and proposal story!
+The moment you put on THE dress. The one you never pictured until you saw it on your body. The one your mom teared over. The perfect one.
-The moment you realize that all those gorgeous churches downtown are WAY out of your price range.
-Looking over the budget for the first time. And the second time. Third...
-+Moving money around in your budget to splurge in areas.
+The second you tour the perfect venue at the right price.
-The text you receive informing you one of your favorite people in the entire world won't be able to attend your wedding or make your cake.
+The butterflies you get in your tummy when you hear him tell you he loves you.
+The excitement of planning to decorate and make a future home together.
+The moment brilliant wedding inspiration hits you!
-The day you discover your favorite flowers/plants won't be in season.
+The same day you discover your dad can grow those out of season plants so you can have them in your wedding.
+The joys of picking out your Fiesta colors!
+The email that informs you that your favorite photographer is available on your wedding date!

The list can go on...
Upgrade?!

Friends and Family: Thank you for all your encouragement and ideas over the past month! You know we've (I) needed it!

2 comments:

  1. hang in there Rebecca! I know how you are feeling. Just take it one day at a time and remember that at the end of the day all the little details really won't matter on your big day. (and that's saying a lot coming from the most detail oriented person!) All the planning and stress will be so worth it! Plus planning for your new home together with decorations is the best!! Love your blog!

    -Taylor

    P.S.
    In my opinion some places to spend and save:
    http://taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com/2011/07/where-to-spend-where-to-save.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Taylor! I feel comfortable splurging on the dress and the photographer. Everywhere else, I'm trying to save. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love! <3 Rebecca!