November 20, 2010

A Huge Update: PART 1

Here it is...THE BIG JOB UPDATE!

I try not to post much about my personal life on this blog, since I would prefer to focus on frugal date deals and tips. But, I thought I should catch everyone up on what's been going on in my life over the past year.

Work Life: Remember this post in Jan. '10 when I told you I had been laid off due to the economy? The last week of December, I found a temp job that turned into a full time job by March thanks to very the caring staff at a non profit organization. I worked there until the end of September, when I was laid off again (once again because of the economy). Instead of getting worried and down on myself like the previous unemployment time, I embraced my time off. 

Although I didn't announce it, I was unemployed for a month and a half (Oct. '10) before deciding to take one of the jobs I was offered. During that month of unemployment----I dreamed. And, I dreamed big! I spent hours brain-storming, thinking about what I wanted in life and implementing some of those desires. I checked off all the things on my never-ending "to-do" list. I took spontaneous shopping trips (out-of-town). I focused on family and friends. I started an Etsy shop with my mom selling vintage items. I ate LOTS of ice cream. And, I worked out all the time...losing almost 10 pounds. Best of all, I continued to learn to be alone all day (I'm an extravert!) and remain happy (more on that in PART 2).

Then I got bored. I had done most of the things I wanted to do. I desired purpose, a more stable routine, a job. And, that's when doors opened. Second interviews happened. Phone calls were answered. I had multiple options.

God is faithful. 

I'm now working full time in marketing again! My focus is on web marketing and content, and I'm learning so much at once. It's a challenge I'm not taking lightly.

Thank you for being faithful readers. Thank you for being interested in the deals and tips I post for you! I hope you are enjoying saving money and enjoying many frugal dates! Thanks for trusting a single girl writing a dating blog...more on that in PART 2!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

1 comment:

Thanks for the comment love! <3 Rebecca!