October 19, 2010

Piggy Bank Tip: Decorating {Frugally} with Flowers

Are you throwing a party or shower at your place? Save cents with your lovely decor with the following tip!



For my joint birthday party (with one of my best friends), I wanted to make sure I had some easy and natural decorations. Fresh flowers being one of my favorite home decor, I headed to my local supermarket for a bouquet for the table. To my surprise, I found that Winn-Dixie put some of their flower bunches on a "Manager's Special." These flowers weren't damaged or drooping, but maybe not as "fresh" as others out in the florist section. Instead of one bunch of flowers, I was able to purchase three or four (for about $1.50-$2.50 each bunch) and create my own arrangements at home! 


It is possible that florists and other supermarkets have similar deals. It doesn't hurt to call around and ask before heading out to buy your flowers. 


Do you have any floral decorating tips? Please share them!

1 comment:

  1. The most economical way to decorate with fresh flowers is to grow flowers!! We are putting our fall bulbs in this week, and come spring we will have calla lilies, crocuses, anemones, tulips, poppies, and many more!!! Add some greenery and berries from the yard and voila! Flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love! <3 Rebecca!